Sunday, January 16, 2011

in desperate need of some humor

I'm in desperate need of some funny, and I'm betting you are too, so, here you go!
Food Groups:

Government: fruits/vegetables, 5 servings daily; grains, 3-5 servings daily; dairy, 3-5 servings daily; meat/protient, 2-3 servings daily; fats/sweets, use sparingly

Baby (over 6 months): boob juice, whenever I'm not too busy; stuff I can fit in my mouth, eat before mom takes it away; stuff mom gives me to put in my mouth, alternate randomly 3-24 servings daily with throwing it on the floor

Average Toddler: simple carbohydrates and other bland colored food, as much as possible; junk food, as much as I can beg, borrow, or steal; green stuff, as little as possible and less when I can hide it behind the couch.

Picky Toddler: mac & cheese, 3-5 servings a day; hot dogs, 3-5 servings a day; pizza, when I'm feeling adventurious and can pick off anything that looks questionable; banannas, only when bribed

Average Married Male: whatever the wife cooks, 2-3 times a day, store bought stuff, whenever she cooks crazy stuff like vegetables; meat, as much as possible, potatoes, see 'meat'; junk food, whenever the kids haven't eaten it all.

Mother (of young children): whatever I can cobble together from what's left from the last grocery run, mostly what's left over on the kid's plate; leftovers, whatever husband didn't eat; food I didn't cook, daily servings? more like monthly; chocolate, as needed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

oh so very true...what is it about mac and cheese and hot dogs that toddlers love...and people wonder why mom's are tired all the time. You have to have the time to eat in order to get proper nutrition LOL.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home