Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Oh I Wish I had a Keyboard...hooked up to the internet that is

I like to blog; I want to blog. And today is one of those days that thumb-pecking at this cell phone qwerty just won't cut it. I have so much I want to post right now. So, baring the sudden appearance of an internet connection to my laptop I'll just say this:
A blog I read over at www.mamaeve.com did a post on parenting today that made me want to write about the topic in more than quick responses, so, check her's out and think on it. http://www.mamaeve.com/index.php/effective-discipline/235-something-more-my-lessons-with-sibling-discipline
A friend posted on facebook about wanting the DREAM act to go through and that sparked a mini-debate on illegals on her board. I've written about illegal aliens before, but apparently never on my blog so, next time I get to a computer look for something on the topic to be forthcoming. In the meantime, if you are a facebook fan I expect you can find the discussion off my page, it's on Leslie's post.
And a brief post over at moralscienceclub.blogspot.com about how sexual 'rights' are trumping inalienable rights makes me want to write something on personal responsiblity. I suppose you could look back at my 'altered' post to get an idea of what I'm likely to say.
Anyway, I'll leave you with two points, you can ponder how they relate to the topics at hand. First, from wise old Mother Goose: there was an old woman who lived in a shoe, she had so many children she knew not what to do. So she fed them on broth without any bread, whipped them all soundly, and sent them to bed.
Then from old honorable Nathan Hale: "I regret I have but one life to give my country."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Jordan said...

Do you have a post to the illegal alien dialog? I'm for securing our borders but I'm also pro-immigrant. We can't forget that they are people too. This topic has often gotten me in trouble with my conservative friends so I can imagine what your friend went through.
Hope your internet problem is resolved. God bless.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jespren said...

I will be writing a post in the near future. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to copy/paste the comment stream from facebook. If you use facebook you could 'friend' me and read it (find me via my email tigaseren1224@yahoo.com) but I'll let you know when I get my post on it up. I am absolutely pro immigration, I'm just againt illegal aliens, or rather, I'm against not upholding current law.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home